Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Is this green washing?


I had a client consider a Big Belly Solar for their project today. As usual, I went out to the product's "LEED," "Green" or "Sustainable" web page. Was I ever in luck? They had a LEED page! Now, how typical is this that every one of these products can qualify for an innovation point? And according to this promotional material, that can be the difference between Gold and Silver. I'm sorry, but I guess it's up to me to figure out how this product is going to get a LEED innovation point for using energy from the sun to compact what may have been compacted with nothing but a foot. Now, I know we are supposed to be diverting from the landfill, but is it innovative to just compact instead? Let me know if I'm off base on this. May be I just had a bad day...

No comments: